Massage involves manual manipulation of the body, such as rubbing and kneading. A massage therapist may use light, medium, or firm pressure on the client’s muscles and joints to alleviate pain and stress. Know more about massage therapist in Thousand Oaks, CA.
- Performing a Swedish massage
- Individuals who benefit most from a Swedish massage are those who:
- do not have any prior experience with massage
- need to relax, need a soft touch
It is a great option for when you want to completely unwind and let go of your cares during a massage, in addition to helping to relieve muscular knots.
You will be undressed to the waist for this massage; however, you can leave your underwear on. Lying on the massage table, you’ll be covered with a sheet for your privacy. When the massage therapist needs access to a certain location, they will lift the sheet away.
The masseuse will probably use a few different techniques, including:
- passive joint movement methods such as kneading with long, flowing strokes in the direction of the heart, deep circular movements, vibration, and tapping
- A typical Swedish massage will take between 60 and 90 minutes.
Massage with hot stones
If you suffer from chronic muscular pain or stress or want to unwind, try a hot stone massage. In this therapeutic massage style, hot stones are used in place or in addition to the therapist’s hands.
Hot stone massage may be useful for:
- relax tense muscles
- increase circulation
- pain relief and stress reduction
- ease tension
Heated stones massage the whole body in a hot stone massage. Your therapist may use a smooth stone while she applies light, gliding pressure all over your body in a Swedish massage. We also make use of cold stones on occasion.
People who like scents and want their massage to include an emotional therapeutic component should have an aromatherapy massage. A massage like this one may aid in:
- Perk Yourself Up
- Minimize Nervousness And Tension
- Alleviate Depressive Signs
- Release Stress And Discomfort From Muscles
Using essential oils in conjunction with light, gentle pressure characterizes an aromatherapy massage. Your therapist will typically choose essential oils for your massage; however, you are welcome to express any preferences. Before being administered topically, essential oils are diluted.
A full-body massage will be performed as you relax and take in the aroma of essential oils from a diffuser. The back, shoulders, and head are sometimes the only areas targeted during an aromatherapy massage. You will not need to wear underwear since you will be removing all clothes.